News by Matt C.
2019 continues the trend of seemingly every game ever made getting a Switch port. That’s great news for Switch owners, bad news for our wallets, and awful news for DDNet’s News Editor.
To save her the hassle of individually writing up every one of these, here’s a quick list of all the new Switch port announcements and release dates (that we know of) from this week.
- #killallzombies (available now)
- Achtung! Cthulhu Tactics (available now)
- Arcade Archives BOMB JACK (available now)
- Asdivine Hearts II (available now)
- Bad Dream: Coma
- Balance Blox (available now)
- Doodle God: Evolution (available now)
- Goat Simulator: The GOATY (available now) (PC review)
- Heroes Trials (available now)
- IHUGU (available now)
- Johnny Turbo’s Arcade: Joe and Mac Caveman Ninja (available now)
- Magic Nations (available now)
- Monkey Wall (available now)
- My Memory of Us (available now)
- Perry Pig Jump (available now)
- The Raven Remastered (available now) (Switch review)
- Sleep Tight (available now)
- SMITE (available now)
- Swords and Soldiers (available now)
- Zombie Panic in Wonderland DX (available now)
- Airheart: Tales of broken Wings (January 31)
- Necrosphere Deluxe (January 31)
- Onigiri (January 31)
- Planetarian: The Reverie of a Little Planet (January 31)
- Tangledeep (January 31)
- Thea: The Awakening (February 1)
- Magic Scroll Tactics (February 7)
- Constructor Plus (February 15)
- X-Morph: Defense (February 21)
- Cytus Alpha (April 2019)
- Among the Sleep: Enhanced Edition (2019)
- CrossCode (2019)
- Johnny Turbo’s Arcade: SRD: Super Real Darwin (release date TBC)
Announced yesterday during Nintendo’s indie games broadcast, CrossCode’s Switch port comes as a particular surprise. It was just a month or so ago that developer Radical Fish implied a Switch release would be very unlikely, due to the game being developed in HTML5 and difficult to port to Switch as a result. Given its heavy inspiration from SNES RPGs, it seems like a natural fit for Switch.
Welp, it looks like Hedgehags learned to fly. #CrossCode for #NintendoSwitch is now confirmed as seen in the recent @NintendoEurope #IndieHighlights showcase! To arrive sometime this year. https://t.co/qLKoCkFvJ7 pic.twitter.com/gnr83vNHmi
— RadicalFishGames (@RadicalFishGame) January 23, 2019
Fans of management games, meanwhile, might want to keep an eye on Constructor Plus. As the manage of a corrupt construction company, you’re tasked with building up the city while trying to drive your competitors out of business—by any means necessary. This “Plus” release boasts a wealth of new buildings, worlds, and scenarios to play.
What are you most looking forward to?
(Important note: we’re not including announcements of Switch as a platform for upcoming games, which would usually get their own news coverage anyway. This is list is purely for announcements of Switch ports / re-releases and the like.)