Popular

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Find out if you are 'BAOG' through these infertility signs and symptoms!


Infertility (or in Filipino terms ‘baog’) is the inability to conceive a child. There aren’t a lot of obvious signs or symptoms that show if someone is infertile or not. The most obvious sign is when a couple attempts to make a baby again and again – but fall short every time.

So what are the signs and symptoms of infertility? What are the causes of infertility? What should a person do if they suspect something is preventing conception? What can a person do if they’re experiencing infertility?

All of those questions will be answered in the following article. 

As stated before, symptoms of infertility are not very obvious. Others may not know that they have been diagnosed infertile before. Around 90% of couples who engage in unprotected intercourse will achieve pregnancy within the first 12 months. The remaining 10% will have to seek medical assistance such as In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) in order to conceive.

Here a few signs to look for if you suspect you or your partner is infertile:

Find out if you are 'BAOG' through these infertility signs and symptoms!

1. Irregular menstrual cycles

A normal menstrual cycle will last up to 28 days, give or take an extra seven days. Irregular menstrual bleeding is when a woman’s period occurs more frequently than every 21 days or lasts longer than 8 days. Irregular menstrual cycles could be responsible for infertility. 

Here are the symptoms of irregular menstruation:

- Absent menstruation (amenorrhea)
- Short (less than 21 days)
- Long (over 35 days)
- Heavy or long menstruation
- Dysmenorrhea (painful menstruation)
- Short menstruation time
- Very pale menstruation
- Clotty or very dark purple/black menstruation-
- Mid-cycle bleeding

2. Hormonal Imbalance

A hormonal imbalance might be the cause of irregular menstrual cycles and other reproductive issues. Hormonal Imbalance may also cause a variety of other health related concerns. For example, low libido, heart palpitations, thinning hair, depression, etc. \

The increase of decrease of any of these hormones may unbalance your internal chemical makeup, leading to infertility:

- Progesterone
- Estrogen
- Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH)
- Luteinizing Hormone (LH)
- Androgens for example DHEA, Testosterone
- Thyroid hormones
- Prolactin

3. Age

Women over the age of 35 and above may experience a decrease in fertility. While the average 30-year-old woman has a 20% chance of getting pregnant during any one cycle, those over 40 have their chances decreased to only 5%. If you’re a lady over 35 years of age and have been trying for 6 months to get pregnant with no success, then perhaps it’s time to pay your doctor a visit.

Here are some fertility related issues you might wish to address.

- Uterine Fibroids
- Endometriosis
- PCOS
- Ovarian Cysts
- STD’s
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID)

- Recurrent Miscarriages (more than 3)
- Adenomyosis
- Blocked Fallopian Tubes
- Signs of Infertility in Men

Many people tend to think that infertility is solely the female partner’s issue. That’s not true. In fact, both sexes have roughly the same chances of being infertile. It’s always advisable to have both partners checked out if you are trying to conceive.

CONTINUE READING ON PAGE 2
12

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing these infertility symptoms & causes. If you are looking for Erectile Dysfunction Treatment in NJ, then we have a team of specialist doctors for you.

    ReplyDelete